LFS Installation disk creation

Jan-Christoph Bornschlegel trollfood at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 25 01:48:00 PST 2009

mathan kumar schrieb:
> I've build my LFS system and i want distribute to my friends. Someone
> help me how can i do that. What are the possible ways to obtain this.

You should be able to just copy the partition.

BUT:
Your friends probably have different hardware. Therefore you'll run into
trouble at some steps.
- if you used compiler optimisations which are cpu specific the code
might not work on another or older one
- if the architecture is different, forget it -- different binaries
- if you tailored the kernel speciffically for your hardware (mainboard,
controllers etc.) it won't have the correct drivers for another board
- the boot setup is different depending on what kind of harddisks (and
controllers) and how many of them you had and your friends have

... and maybe some more problems I don't see right now.

Cheers,
Jan