grub problem

su.sinnes su.sinnes at mail.com
Tue Nov 24 04:37:03 PST 2009

<If your Hard Drive is an HD and not an SD make your entry in fstab
<look something like:
<
<# Begin /etc/fstab
<
<# file system  mount-point  type   options         dump  fsck
<#                                                        order
<
</dev/sda1     /            ext3  defaults        1     1
</dev/sda5     swap         swap   pri=1           0     0
<proc           /proc        proc   defaults        0     0
<sysfs          /sys         sysfs  defaults        0     0
<devpts         /dev/pts     devpts gid=4,mode=620  0     0
<tmpfs          /dev/shm     tmpfs  defaults        0     0
<# End /etc/fstab
<
<and your entry in grub something like:
<
<title LFS 6.5
<root (hd0,0)
<kernel /boot/lfskernel-2.6.30.2 root=/dev/sda1

It is an SD i posted my fstab earlier and the other data.
I am using grub2 because i cannot use grub in 64 bit.

Thanks