UDEV - Not Leaving Well Enough Alone

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Nov 24 01:40:26 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 18:29 -0600, alupu at verizon.net wrote:
> The last thing is to start a flame here;  I still see a
> need for floppies on Linux due to the relatively small
> sizes of files in need to be quickly sneakered among
> machines.

Is this a machine predating USB? I can't imagine any other reason not to
use flash drives for that purpose these days - dirt cheap, fit in a
pocket, and I've honestly no idea where I could buy a new floppy disk
these days...

I do actually have a 3.5" drive in my machine, but it's not connected to
anything, and hasn't been for about 4 years. It's only there to stop
dust getting in through what would otherwise be a hole in the front of
the case...

Simon.