glibc build error 1 & 2

Kyle Brennan kyle_bren at live.com
Sat Nov 21 22:52:25 PST 2009

> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 23:26:30 -0600
> From: bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
> To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
> Subject: Re: glibc build error 1 & 2
>
> Kyle Brennan wrote:
> >> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:52:19 -0600 From: bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
> >> To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org Subject: Re: glibc build error
> >> 1 & 2

> >> Be sure to also check all needed packages and links IAW
> >>
> >> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/prologue/hostreqs.html
>
> > checked that and ran the version-check.sh file and all checked out
> > except for "makeinfo"  but the pdf says nothing about makeinfo as a
> > req.
>
> What pdf?   makeinfo is a part of texinfo and that is needed.
> I may need to add a comment to the hot requirements part of the book
> that we check for the texinfo package by checking the version number of
> makeinfo.
>
> > im running the wget file as we speak and all seems well.  its
> > ok if i wget them directly to $LFS/sources right?
>
> Yes.
>
>    -- Bruce
> --

> What pdf?   makeinfo is a part of texinfo and that is needed.
> I may need to add a comment to the hot requirements part of the book
> that we check for the texinfo package by checking the version number of
> makeinfo.
the pdf that is in the 6.5 directory on the server, it is labeled "LFS-BOOK-6.5.pdf".  i believe that it is the same as the html version of the lfs book.   well makeinfo is not installed on my computer and that is probably why i am running into more errors on the linux api headers.  i will install the texinfo and see if that solves my problem.  in the mean time, you may just want to add a comment that makeinfo is part of texinfo and that should be installed.