glibc build error 1 & 2

Kyle Brennan kyle_bren at live.com
Sat Nov 21 20:57:17 PST 2009

> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:52:19 -0600
> From: bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
> To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
> Subject: Re: glibc build error 1 & 2
>
> Kyle Brennan wrote:
> > i did the liinux headers step and didnt get any errors.  the problem
> > is probably because i am using ubuntu 9.10 and that has newer
> > versions on the host system.  that probably caused a compatability
> > issue.  im going to retry this with 6.5 and see if that works.
>
> Be sure to also check all needed packages and links IAW
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/prologue/hostreqs.html
>
>    -- Bruce
> --

checked that and ran the version-check.sh file and all checked out except for "makeinfo"  but the pdf says nothing about makeinfo as a req.  im running the wget file as we speak and all seems well.  its ok if i wget them directly to $LFS/sources right?

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/