LFS svn-20091012, 4.3 adding the lfs user

Philippe Delavalade philippe.delavalade at sfr.fr
Tue Nov 10 08:05:10 PST 2009

Hi.

Two weeks ago I tried to install LFS svn-20091012 on a computer with no
internet connection... So my questions won't be very precise because I
forgot one error message :-(

The host was debian squeeze.

Fisrt in 4.3 and 4.4, I didn't get the correct prompt although I used the
-k /dev/null option in useradd ; .bash_profile was conform to 4.4. But my
$PS1 was in fact '\u@\h:\w$ '. What to think about this ?

Second, in 5.14, make install failed but I cann't remember the error
message, maybe sothing like 'machine failure'...

I stopped installing but I shall try another time in some months when I'm
back to this holidays computer.

And third, on that machine with no internet, is it possible to avoid
installing packages which deal with networking as iana, inetutils or
iproute ?

Thanks for help and advices.