inetutils issue solved, now wondering about 1 error in perl tests

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 7 13:19:25 PST 2009

yayo wrote:

[...]

> Further investigations (via "setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH `pwd`; cd t; ./perl harness"
> as suggested by the test result itself) fixed the ipcsysv.t error but not the syslog.t one:
>
>   ../ext/Sys/Syslog/t/syslog.......................................
>   #   Failed test 'setlogsock() should return true: '''
>   #   at ../ext/Sys/Syslog/t/syslog.t line 204.
>   # Looks like you failed 1 test of 199.
>   dubious
>   	Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
>   DIED. FAILED test 176

This looks like a socket layer failure. It might be that it's attempting
to set up some sort of socket connection to something. Is your ethernet
hooked to anything?

> If you tell me that this is a critical failure which strictly need to be fixed,
> then I'll have to investigate deeply about the causes,
> otherwise I'd install perl as it is. Only 1 failed test seems to me a good result.

It does not look serious to me, but I'm not an expert on LFS. It looks
like there is an expected agent to respond to a socket request, but
which is not there. That's why I wondered about an ethernet chip and
cable. If you have a chip, then it possibly is trying to make a
connection to a "well known" IP site, for which there is no access
on your (preumably) isolated system.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.