UPDATE ON: Re: 5.5.1 Installation of Cross GCC - 6.5 PDF Manual - Compilation Error

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 17:53:47 PST 2009

Owen Lopez wrote:

>     *not sure, but do you have the development*
>     *packages install?*
>     *(object files are located in /usr/lib/*.o)*
>
> ls /usr/lib/*.o returns the following files located in that dir:
>
> crtl.o crti.o crtn.o gcrtl.o Mcrtl.o Scrtl.o

yeah those are the object files.
 From past experience(can't remember the error
your hitting) is, is I had issues with the dynamic linker
and those files towards the end of compiling gcc(multilib/pure64).

if this is just a regular build then things should be fine. but if
your building multilib /lib64 gcc needs to be told to point
in that direction(there should be a patch in the clfs tutorial).

Justin P. Mattock