5.5.1 Installation of Cross GCC - 6.5 PDF Manual - Compilation Error

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 08:00:29 PST 2009

2009/11/5 Owen Lopez <solofaded at gmail.com>:
>> configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
>> See `config.log' for more details.

 If Justin's reply didn't help, you do need to look at config.log to find
the message 'cannot compute suffix', then look at the lines above
that to find the error message.

 I don't think I've commented on this situation for a few months,
so I'll repeat myself, and hope I'm not labouring the point on
things you already knew -

1. Toolchain packages (and occasionally others) may create
multiple config.log files (one in each subdirectory where configure
was run).  You need to look at the latest of those log files if there
is more than one (that's particularly relevant for problems with
configuring binutils).

2. Searching is easiest, at least for me, in 'view' (i.e. vim)
but 'less' works too (without the colour highlighting), e.g.
/cannot\ compute\ suffix

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"