Interface eth0 does not exist

Michael L. lfs-support at cosis.dk
Mon Nov 2 09:48:59 PST 2009

Hi Simone,

In that case (If you only have a sit0 and the lo interfaces) your kernel
doesn't have the correct driver for the VMWare Nic compiled into it.

Going to LFS-6.5 is a good choice - but you still need to compile the
right NIC driver into the kernel before you can use networking :-)

Optionaly select all the Netvorking Drivers, but build them as modules -
that way you can reboot, and use "lsmod" to see which module is used for
your NIC - and then compile the kernel again using the driver that was
used when you were using modules.

Best Regards
 Michael