Interface eth0 does not exist

Michael L. lfs-support at cosis.dk
Mon Nov 2 08:35:57 PST 2009

Hi Simone,

If you try a "ip link" - do you get anything else other than:

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00

If you do, and it contains a ethX adaptor, you need to edit the
following file:

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

Delete any entries which contains ethX interfaces.

Then reboot - and the system should configure you nic as eth0.

Best Regards
 Michael