Building a LiveCD

Robert A. Lerche ral at msbit.com
Thu May 21 07:13:45 PDT 2009

I recently built a custom LFS live CD for the Open Source Digital
Voting Foundation.  I updated the live CD makefiles to reflect LFS 6.4
(plus a few other changes) and added an application program (Pvote)
and its dependencies (Python, SDL, pygame).  I made it boot to the
root prompt, or just run the demo (with a different /etc/inittab).

You can fetch my "build it" sources (that is, the updated makefiles,
my notes, etc.) from http://msbit.com/osdv/osdvlfs.tgz

The .iso is there too (50M), but msbit.com is on a slow link, so be
patient.  The OSDV Wiki is moving and isn't quite working yet.

Please feel free to email me with any questions.