Building a LiveCD

Tom Yarrish tom.yarrish at digitaldiscoverycorp.com
Wed May 20 10:20:12 PDT 2009

Hey all,
I'm trying to put together a bootable Linux distro for a specific
purpose.  I've put together the initial LFS system per the
documentation, and I've (in parallel) been customizing the LiveCD LFS
as well.  I would like to go with the LiveCD moving forward because it
will do what I need it to do from a boot perspective, however there's
one issue.
When I boot the custom iso file I made, it's prompting me for the time
zone, language, etc.  Is there a way to have that information preset,
so it just boots up to the root prompt?  That's really what I want it
to do.

However since it looks like the LiveCD part of this project is in
limbo, I wasn't sure if I need to follow the instructions for LFS/BLFS
in order to make the bootable distro I want.

Again I just need it to boot to a root prompt (a la Knoppix for
example) and then I'll take care of what I need to do from there.

Thanks ahead of time,
Tom