SEARCH_DIR("lib"); missing / in 6.10 "Adjusting the toolchain" in Version SVN-x86_64-20070807

William Stevenson wds at alumni.princeton.edu
Sun May 3 08:23:07 PDT 2009

William,

I built my own box and have an Athalon processor with 4GB RAM, so I'd
like to be able to address the full 4GB. I didn't think I could do
this with a 32 bit operating system.

Also, when I went to download the LiveCD, this is the manual that came
with the most recent download from the mirror for the x86_64
(lfslivecd-x86_64-6.3-r2160.iso ), I thought for my first build I
should start with an LFS book rather than an CLFS one? But, point
taken, I'll look into CLFS.

That said, I seemed to pass the Glibc test. There was only one extra
error and it was similar to the other nptl ones mentioned. If anyone
has any thoughts, I'd like to keep going if possible.

Thanks,

William

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 10:56 AM, William Immendorf
<will.immendorf at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM, William Stevenson
> <wds at alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
>> I'm fairly new to LFS and enjoying the build so far. I've made it to
>> 6.10 "Adjusting the toolchain" in Version SVN-x86_64-20070807
> WTH?!?!?!
>
> You are using a obslete x86_64 book, and a old one at it too.
>
> If you want a good x86_64 system from scratch, you might wanna try
> Cross LFS, at cross-lfs.org.
>
> (BTW, x86_64 support in LFS is currently expermental.)
>
> William
> --

"If you're always breaking up your routine and you want to break up
your routine, do you do the same thing?"