Error in NCURSES-5.7 Procedure?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri May 1 12:53:40 PDT 2009

alupu wrote:

> If true, this should go to the attention of LFS Developers.
> If specific to my type configuration, maybe in a Wiki,
> to whom it may concern.

There are quite a few things that you have not mentioned.  The instructions for
the entire book have been checked with an automated procedure, so the
instructions are correct for the book's assumptions.

First, are there any exceptions you may have to the prereqs that are specified
in section iv. Host System Requirements?

Second what is your host system?

Third, are you compiling ncurses from chapter 5 or chapter 6?

In virtually every case, problems like yours are due to an accidental odeviation
from the book's earlier instructions or trying to do things in an unsupported
manner.

If this is your first LFS system, follow the instructions exactly.  After you
learn more, then deviate as you see fit.

   -- Bruce