LFS on AMD Geode

vono vono22 at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 29 09:04:40 PDT 2009

Hi

I'm trying to build a LinuxFromScratch on my netbook (hercule efacé)
with an AMD Geode CPU
Most of compiles programs building by the first gcc build (§5.5
GCC-4.3.2 - Pass 1) failed to execute with "Illegal instruction" error...

For example:
I can't run tcl test suite, the tclTest prog failed to start.
When i compile tcl using my host gcc, all tests are ok.

My host distrib is a custom Mandriva install by the manufacturer.

Anyone has the same problem ?
Or someone a solution?

I try many things, like settings a CFLAGS env with "-mtune=geode",
and/or a configure param: --build=i586-manbo-linux-gnu
--host=i586-manbo-linux-gnu
and upgrade to GCC-4.3.3, and all newest packages found.

But it always failed.

any idea?

Thanks
Yvon.