JHALFS

Thomas Pegg tom.pegg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 19:58:43 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Mike McCarty
<Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Thomas Pegg wrote:
>
> Thanks for your reply!
>
>> Not sure why it would be looking for BOOK.XML, it should look for index.xml
>>
>> Could you post the exact error your getting?
>
> [QUOTE MODE ON]
> The variable "<BOOK>" value
> </media/hdb1/6.4/extracted/BOOK/index.xml> is invalid, rerun
> make and fix your configuration settings.
> [QUOTE MODE OFF]

Ok retry it like this "/media/hdb1/6.4/extracted/BOOK", but without
the quotes I put in.
You don't want index.xml in there, jhalfs adds that automatically.
Now if that doesn't work, then I'm kinda stumped.

> When I do an ls on that full path it shows as existing,
> and having permissions 755 rwxr-xr-x, but being in a
> ro file system.
>
>> What version of jhalfs are you using, run jhalfs -v to find out.
>
> Not possible, it doesn't exist, but the directory it's in
> is /home/jhalfs/jhalfs-2.3.1 (originally, now copied).

It should be possible within that directory should be be a shell
script named jhalfs.
./jhalfs -v