JHALFS

Thomas Pegg tom.pegg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 19:31:39 PDT 2009

Mike McCarty wrote:
>>> have a directory with this view (from the host system)
>> Not sure why it would be looking for BOOK.XML, it should look for index.xml
>
> Ok, that makes sense. I'm not getting an error, I'm running the
> configurator and it's prompting for the location of the book.
> The default entry for edit has
>
> 	/usr/share/LFS-BOOK-6.3.XML
>
> in it. I need to know what to enter there. I suppose that just
Whatever the path is to your extracted 6.4 sources is what should go there.
> the path to the index.xml file will do. Does that need to
> be in a writable directory?
I don't think so, there's nothing jhalfs writes in there that I can
think of.

>> What version of jhalfs are you using, run jhalfs -v to find out.
>
> That should be 2.3.1, however, I'm in the process of simply
> doing a "make", so there is not yet any script to run. It's
> the one on the LiveCD 6.3.

Ok, if it is 2.3.1, you may have some issues using it with the 6.4 book.
I can't think of anything specific, I just know it's not a supported
book for that version. It may very well run ok, but if you run into
problems, you will want to pull the SVN version, which can be done with
this command:

svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/ALFS/jhalfs/trunk jhalfs-trunk

I'll see about getting a new stable release out, it really needs to be done.

Thomas