chroot problem

rajesh britto britto.gridlab at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 00:01:27 PDT 2009

Hi ken,
         Thanks for your mail. Sorry for my previous mail. i tried wat
u have said and now the gcc problem has been solved. i have done
sucessfully 'make mrproper'. but when i try 'make headers_check' it
gives the following error:

root:~/linux-2.6.27.4# make headers_check
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  UPD     include/linux/version.h
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
gcc: error trying to exec
'/tools/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/as':
execv: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 1
make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2

With regards,
R B