I managed to wipe out my host /dev/ directory

Dan Tran dantran at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 18:17:45 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am a first time user of LFS, and was away from linux related wor for
quite some time.

I am now at chroot phase where I managed to  wipe out my $LFS/dev
directory which was still bound to the actual /dev

My  system is still functional, i just can not login ::(

my original host is 32 bit redhat 5.0.

It would be very appreciate if someone can tell me how to recover my
/dev directory.

Lesson to learn not to use real system to develop LFS which has
already been warn!!!

Also, the LFS doc could also give a big warning as well ( ie 6.2.2.
Mounting and Populating /dev  )

I am using latest development LFS (7.0? )

Big thanks ahead

-Dan