rt61

Muzer muzerakascooby at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 13:21:20 PDT 2009

Hello all,

Has anyone had any luck getting the rt61 module to compile? I downloaded
the one on sourceforge (no idea if there's a newer one elsewhere or
compiled into the kernel - I couldn't find it), and compiled it within
the LFS system. Attached is an almost complete log from make (for some
reason, one or two lines randomly got missed out, no idea why).

The lspci output for my WiFi card on the previous distro (Kubuntu 8.10,
where it works perfectly and uses the rt61pci module) is "05:01.0
Network controller: RaLink RT2600 802.11 MIMO", so any other drivers
compatible with this will do just fine for me.

Thanks,
Muzer.

PS: I didn't see anything about WiFi in LFS itself. Is there anything
about stuff like this in BLFS? I have to use WiFi to connect to the
internet as I am not in the same room as the router and don't really
want to move my PC, or invest in long cables or anything else.