Binutils Chapter 6 Failure

Lusule Sinistral lusule.sinistral at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 10:36:33 PDT 2009

Hi there,
I'm having trouble compiling binutils in Chapter 6.  I'm running make check,
and getting 10 unexpected failures from the ld check.  The log can be found
here:
http://lusule.pastebin.com/m4c84f846
The major difference between this and the sample LFS log is the failure of
libd stuff, but I can't seem to find any clear indication on line about what
might have caused this.  I admit I'm pretty new to linux - I'm using this
installation as a way to learn more, but any guidance on how I can learn
what is causing this problem would be appreciated.  Google is not proving
helpful.
Thanks,
Lusule.