boot LFS panic !

rony jak ronnyjak at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 24 01:40:42 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Mike McCarty
<Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> rony jak wrote:
> > hi all,william i have successfully complete the LFS system :) and when i
> > rebooted my pc to new LFS system i got this error
> > //******************ERROR**************************
> > Starting up ....
> > [        3.123320] Root-NFS: No NFS server available , giving up .
> > [        3.123411] VFS: unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
> > [        3.132644] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root
> fs
> > on unknown-block(2,0)
> > //******************ERROR**************************
> > and Caps Lock & Scroll Lock blinking :)
> > is any way to disable this VFS ? i would like to boot minimal LFS system
> > thanks & regards
>
> This looks like fallback. You likely misconfigured your kernel,
> and don't have drivers for the disc interface present in your
> hardware. Carefully check your kernel configuration and make
> sure that you compiled in the driver for the file system, and
> for the hardware present. Pay careful attention to the chipset
> drivers.
>
> Do you know your disc chipset? If not, does the host system have
> lspci? If so, then try running that and see if you get a list
> of PCI bus devices, including a disc interface.
>
> Mike
> --
> p="p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}";main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}
> Oppose globalization and One World Governments like the UN.
> You have found the bank of Larn.
> I speak only for myself, and I am unanimous in that!
> --

yes Mike you right i miss configure the kernel , i do : make oldconfig
and then press enter on any question without any thing :) and when i
execute
make modules_install only 3 modules are installed
INSTALL arch/x86/kernel/test_nx.ko
INSTALL drivers/hid/hid-dummy.ko
INSTALL drivers/scsi_wait_scan.ko
DEPMOD 2.6.29.4
root:/source/linux-kernel#
can you tell what's right way to configure kernel ?
thank you very much