boot LFS panic !

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 24 00:40:09 PDT 2009

rony jak wrote:
> hi all,william i have successfully complete the LFS system :) and when i
> rebooted my pc to new LFS system i got this error
> //******************ERROR**************************
> Starting up ....
> [        3.123320] Root-NFS: No NFS server available , giving up .
> [        3.123411] VFS: unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
> [        3.132644] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs
> on unknown-block(2,0)
> //******************ERROR**************************
> and Caps Lock & Scroll Lock blinking :)
> is any way to disable this VFS ? i would like to boot minimal LFS system
> thanks & regards

This looks like fallback. You likely misconfigured your kernel,
and don't have drivers for the disc interface present in your
hardware. Carefully check your kernel configuration and make
sure that you compiled in the driver for the file system, and
for the hardware present. Pay careful attention to the chipset
drivers.

Do you know your disc chipset? If not, does the host system have
lspci? If so, then try running that and see if you get a list
of PCI bus devices, including a disc interface.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.