Bash Auto Completion Fubar

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sun Jun 14 17:12:04 PDT 2009

Dominic Ringuet <dringuet at gmail.com> writes:

> I never saw such a problem,

Damn.

> Do you have something like /etc/bash_completion{.d} ?

No. Never had such a thing. Besides, I only got what's in the
book. Nothing more.

> Does complete -p gives something? (should not by default)

Nothing.

> Can you complete usernames? ~[tab]

Yes, it lists the users

> try shopt -p

shopt -u cdable_vars
shopt -u cdspell
shopt -u checkhash
shopt -u checkwinsize
shopt -s cmdhist
shopt -u compat31
shopt -u dotglob
shopt -u execfail
shopt -s expand_aliases
shopt -u extdebug
shopt -u extglob
shopt -s extquote
shopt -u failglob
shopt -s force_fignore
shopt -u gnu_errfmt
shopt -u histappend
shopt -u histreedit
shopt -u histverify
shopt -s hostcomplete
shopt -u huponexit
shopt -s interactive_comments
shopt -u lithist
shopt -s login_shell
shopt -u mailwarn
shopt -u no_empty_cmd_completion
shopt -u nocaseglob
shopt -u nocasematch
shopt -u nullglob
shopt -s progcomp
shopt -s promptvars
shopt -u restricted_shell
shopt -u shift_verbose
shopt -s sourcepath
shopt -u xpg_echo

> Besides that, I am quite out of imagination.

Yeah, this is extremely strange. Maybe the only thing I can do now, is
to download the LFS live cd and install 6.4 from that.

I will formulate a mail to the bash mailing list, as well.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m