Help.

Nicolas FRANCOIS nicolas.francois at free.fr
Fri Jun 12 22:02:04 PDT 2009

Le Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:49:05 +0200 khaled gouaich
<gouaichkhaled at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi every body,
> i'm new in the LFS world and i'm trying to build my LFS. I'm using the LFS
> book 6.3 (English version).

You seem new to posting help requests too ! Sending a message with only
"help" on the title is not a recommanded way to ask for help !

> *** WARNING: You should not compile GNU libc without versioning. Not using
> *** versioning will introduce incompatibilities so that old binaries
> *** will not run anymore.
> *** For versioning you need recent binutils (binutils-2.8.1.0.23 or newer).
[]
> configure: error: Need linker with .init_array/.fini_array support.
> /tools/bin/ld: unrecognized option '--hash-style=both'
> /tools/bin/ld: use the --help option for usage information
[]
> configure:5523: error: Need linker with .init_array/.fini_array support.

You should Google some of those error messages. You may find interesting
answers.

\bye

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS                      |  /\
http://nicolas.francois.free.fr       | |__|