lfs 6.4 - 6.9. Glibc test errors

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 28 19:53:13 PST 2009

Hassan Zamani wrote:
> Hello
> I'm in section 6.9 of lfs 6.4, I have made glibc and in the test
> section I got the flowing errors from "grep Error glibc-check-log":
>
> make[2]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/rt/tst-cpuclock2.out] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [rt/tests] Error 2
> make: *** [check] Error 2
>
> are these harmless messages or not, if not what I must do next?

annexc is normal, just ignore it (the test has been actually been fixed
once or twice over the past several years but really, it has been broken
forever).  I'm not sure what tst-cpuclock2 is.  What is the host
system's kernel version and additions?  Try running the test manually
and Google for the results (or post here), see if that sheds some light.

-- DJ Lucas