LiveCD 6.3, LFS 6.4, PATA Drive

Ryan Isaacs ryanisaacs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 21:59:10 PST 2009

Got my LFS 6.4 install finished, rebooted, and pinging into the Internet :)

I did have a complication that I thought I would note for others.

I used the LiveCD 6.3, where my IDE (PATA) hard drive shows up as
/dev/hda. However, in the kernel used for LFS 6.4, this becomes mapped
as /dev/sda. So, the info I put in /est/fstab and /boot/grub/menu.lst
was incorrect (/dev/hda). This gave me a nasty kernel panic upon my
first boot. Changing fstab and menu.lst to use /dev/sda resolved it.
--
www.risaacs.com
ryanisaacs at gmail.com