LFS 6.4 Running debugfs -R feature /dev/<xxx>

ga ho gazza1z at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 10:23:41 PST 2009

In Chapter 2.3. Creating a File System on the Partition

When I run the debugfs -R feature /dev/<xxx> command on my USB stick I get the ouput:

has_journal, resize_inode, dir_index, filetype, sparse_super, large_file or needs_recovery

The ext_attr and needs_recovery features are missing.

The chapter says there could be a problem if there are extra features. But is it a problem if some of the features are missing?

Thanks,
Gary