jhalfs issue with permissions

Ralph Porter rportermail at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 18:03:13 PST 2009

Hello folks,

Decided to try out jhalfs for 6.4.  Pretty slick  system.

I'm running fedora 8 as the host.  Logged in as a priv user rporter.

I start up the build (after of course downloads, configure $LFS, etc.)

Here is what I get.

Building the system...
make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/jhalfs'
mk_LUSER
You are going to log into the user account lfs
sudo requires a password
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
 Building target 028-binutils-pass1
 [/du: cannot read directory `/mnt/lfs/.Trash-root': Permission denied 0 sec
du: cannot read directory `/mnt/lfs/.Trash-rporter': Permission denied

Now, I have only built one user on the host system (rporter).  I get
this prompt and the only valid password is rporter's password.  Not
sure what its trying to do.

Any ideas.

thanks in advance.

rp