Fwd: How to save and replicate a LFS

Anthony Price elenmar at mailworks.org
Wed Feb 18 02:03:07 PST 2009

Jian Yang wrote:
> I have successfully created a LFS on one machine.
>
> Now I want to replicate it to other machines with same configuration.
>
> What is a good way to do that ?
>
> I use dd to dump/restore the disk partition. Any other better way?
>
> Thanks
>
> -yangjian

This worked for me:

 From the root of the LFS system

cp -av * [target]

Where the target is any area of storage such as another disk partition.
To make the new system bootable:

1. Edit /etc/fstab to indicate the new partition
2. Edit GRUB to point to the new installation

I have done this both as a partition to partition copy job and as a copy
to tarball and restore tarball to target partition and both have worked.

HTH.

Anthony.