GCC & DESTDIR

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 12 15:48:29 PST 2009

Jack Stone wrote:
> Agathoklis D. Hatzimanikas wrote:
>> I've never tried to use DESTDIR in LFS. Diy Linux is using this technique
>> for years by the way. You might want to look on the reference build:
>>
>> http://www.diy-linux.org/
>>

> Thanks for the reminder.
>
> I had a quick look and Greg doesn't seem to be doing any steps after
> installing the chroot phase gcc so I might not have problems.
>
>> By the way it would be interesting to see the final results, if you attempt
>> to use DESTDIR in chapter06. In fact, I thought it was a target for LFS-7.0.
>
> I was planning to put notes on -dev once I've got something working.

FYI, I have done this for 6.4 and posted my scripts in my home dir.
They do work and can certainly save you some time.
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/packages-6.4.tar.bz2  Be sure to
extract from within an empty directory as I didn't create one in the
tarball.  I also did not see a reason to use DESTDIR for chapter05, so I
did not do so.  Finally, holding the testsuite run until after the
target installation will reduce quite a bit of cruft in those scripts.
If you only like to review the scripts, then they are already extracted
here: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dj/DESTDIR-LFS-6.4/

-- DJ Lucas