SCSI support - LFS 6.4

Anthony Price elenmar at mailworks.org
Mon Feb 9 14:38:05 PST 2009

Martin Faecknitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did you try (in the aic7xx*-folder):
> make -C /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build M=$(pwd)
>
> Martin
>
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 06:14:06PM +0000, Anthony Price wrote:
>
>> 09-02-09
>> LFS 6.4
>> Host Ubuntu 8.10
>>
>> SCSI support
>>
>> I have an LFS build on a partition on a SCSI disk. The Adapter is SCSI
>> 29320A.
>> SCSI support is enabled in the Kernel
>>
>> Ubuntu can see the SCSI disk partitions so the disk and / or the adapter
>> are supported.
>> A copy of the installation on a PATA drive boots on another machine, so
>> the build is OK.
>>
>> Adaptec's documentation doesn't tell me much and the binary drivers that
>> come with it are intended for RedHat, SuSE, etc.
>>
>> I downloaded a tgz from the Adaptec site and unpacked it. It contains
>> readme files which tell me nothing that applies to my situation.
>>
>> There is a Makefile, but running make produces an error message:
>>
>> "make: *** No rule to make target `/aic7xxx_seq.h', needed by
>> `/aic7xxx_core.o'.  Stop."
>>
>> I am out of  my depth here, so any tips or suggestions would be welcome.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Anthony.
>>
>> --

Thanks. I gave that a try & here's the output:

make -C /lib/modules/2.6.27.4/build M=$(pwd)
make: Entering directory `/sources/linux-2.6.27.4'
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST 0 modules
make: Leaving directory `/sources/linux-2.6.27.4'

To be honest, I don't have a clue what it means.

Because I am working on the host system (in the chroot environment) the
$(uname -r) gave the wrong result so I substituted hard code for it as
shown above.

Regards,

Anthony.