GCC & DESTDIR

Agathoklis D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 03:49:32 PST 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, at 11:29 Jack Stone wrote:

> No you were correct the first time. I am trying to destdir chapter05.
> Maybe I shouldn't be but the problem will probably come up again in
> chapter06.

No I don't think will come up later.

Though toolchain issues is not my domain of interest, I think that
the system in chapter05 was designed in a way that requires all the
packages to be installed under /tools so all the references
to the dynamic linker should point to /tools/lib.
Glibc in chapter06 can be build fine (per explanations in the book) even
though the compiler specs file and linker are still pointing at /tools.
By re-adjusting the toolchain after the glibc built any newly compiled
program will be built against these new libraries.

Regards,
Ag.