6.39 groff-1.20.1

Agathoklis D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 03:02:19 PST 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, at 11:29 Philippe Delavalade wrote:
> Le dimanche 08 février à 11:12, Agathoklis D. Hatzimanikas a écrit :
> > On Sat, Feb 07, at 09:08 Philippe Delavalade wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I'm building lfs svn-20090201 version.
> > >
> > > Everything seems OK until groff ; when configuring, I get the following
> > > warning :
> > >
> > > configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-multibyte
> > >
> > > Did I miss something ?
> > >
> > > The command line was
> > >
> > > ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-multibyte
> > >
> > > So, I'm not quite with this warning :-(
> > >

> > The switch was valid in previously versions of groff because of the debian
> > patch. Since the patch isn't applied anymore then I guess the switch has
> > to be removed from the instructions.
>
> So, I can configure (without that switch), compile, install and go
> ahead ?

I am not sure as I don't have this version installed. Have you tried it?
I think you won't have a problem during installation, but I am not sure
if it is fully functional. Matthew that did the last build might know
to answer this question. Check the following ticket and report any
problems you might find:

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2322

Regards,
Ag.