How to upgrade a package in a linux distribution?

petrele.chen petrele.chen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 20:07:10 PST 2009

Hi,all
I want to install a package (ibus) in my ubuntu 8.04,
it requires pygobject >= 2.15, but the host system only
have 2.14 installed. What is the best way to upgade
this package.
I thonght If I install it to /usr/local directory, It
may works. But during the configure of ibus, It reports
that pkg-config's return value is different from the directly
detected value, and the procedue can not continue.
May anybody can help me to solve this problem.
Thanks.