GCC & DESTDIR

Jack Stone jwjstone at fastmail.fm
Sat Feb 7 14:03:06 PST 2009

Hello All,

I'm having a problem with GCC pass 2 in 6.4.

If I add DESTDIR=/foo/blah to the make install then GCC fails to compile
 Glibc properly - stack unwind support doesn't work.

Installing without the destdir works perfectly.

Details:

Using tar jpcf and jpxf to copy destdir contents to the root.

I tried running ldconfig -r root, ldconfig -n /tools/lib and libtool
--mode=finish /tools/lib none of which solved the problem.

I can provide logs, build scripts etc but the problem is reproducible
without using them.

Thanks,

Jack