LFS 6.5 Chapter 5 binutils Pass1 "Nothing to be done for 'install-target'"

rhubarbpie at poetworld.net rhubarbpie at poetworld.net
Tue Dec 29 15:42:27 PST 2009

I'm attempting to build LFS 6.5 using my LFS 6.3 working build.  With
binutils Pass1 in Chapter 5 I'm receiving the following:

    make [2]: Leaving directory '/lfs/sources/binutils-build/libiberty'
    make [1]: Nothing to be done for 'install-target'.
    make [1] Leaving directory '/lfs/sources/binutils-build'

I'm logged in as lfs.  /lfs/tools shows owner lfs.  /tools is empty and
shows only the link to /lfs/tools.  LFS_TGT shows "i686-lfs-linux-gnu."

I don't remember having this problem with earlier builds and assume it's
something basic, but I'm just not seeing it.  ?