LFS chapter 6 chroot

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 20:23:26 PST 2009

Greg Wiggill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please help. Maybe it's a basic question but I got stuck at chapter
> 6.7. Linux-2.6.22.5 API Headers.I am using LFS 6.3 liveCD in a
> virtualmachine (virtualbox){reason host system is setup correctly and all
> source files incl}
>
> I have had no problems up to this point ,but I don't understand
>
> 1) In which directory I should continue the build for example chapter 5 it
> was lfs/sources

No, the recommendation was $LFS/sources where we had set LFS earlier to
export LFS=/mnt/lfs.

When you chroot, you make $LFS the new root, so the source packages are
now available as /sources

In any case, exit from chroot, create /mnt/lfs/sources, copy or move
your sources to there, and reenter chroot.

   -- Bruce