LFS chapter 6 chroot

Greg Wiggill gregwiggill at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 19:55:44 PST 2009

Hi,

Please help. Maybe it's a basic question but I got stuck at chapter
6.7. Linux-2.6.22.5 API Headers.I am using LFS 6.3 liveCD in a
virtualmachine (virtualbox){reason host system is setup correctly and all
source files incl}

I have had no problems up to this point ,but I don't understand

1) In which directory I should continue the build for example chapter 5 it
was lfs/sources

2) how to get to the sources in /lfs-sources from this chroot enviroment to
be able to untar them .

I have googled and looked in lfs threads , can't find solution.

If this is too basic please point me in the right direction.

Kind regards

Greg Wiggill

Below is my chroot setup
root [ /mnt/lfs ]# echo $LFS
/mnt/lfs
root [ /mnt/lfs ]# chroot "$LFS" /tools/bin/env -i \
>     HOME=/root TERM="$TERM" PS1='\u:\w\$ ' \
>     PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin \
>     /tools/bin/bash --login +h
root:/# ls
bin   etc   lib         media  opt   sbin     srv  tools  var
boot  home  lost+found  mnt    root  sources  tmp  usr
root:/# cd tools
root:/tools# ls
bin  etc  i686-pc-linux-gnu  include  info  lib  libexec  man  sbin  share
var