How to script automate unTAR of packages

Mikie kmb at mikienet.com
Mon Dec 28 12:54:12 PST 2009

> I have difficulty understanding *why* you want to do this mass extraction.

It's that much less typing.

If I can use the wget-list to pull all packages
... and one command to extract them all to their directory this is good.

Ideally I would like to see an "LFS liveCD" which boots ready with all tools such that one could begin building a clean system (aka Chapter 6).
I know that it's good learning for newbies to build their "Build Host" manually via Chapter 5, but I have done this several times over the years.

I don't think I will learn anything more from building an independent "toolchain host" ... and my time is limited.
I want to be able to make systems experimentally fast.