LFS 6.5 Chapter 5 Tcl make *** [install-msgs] Error 139

rhubarbpie at poetworld.net rhubarbpie at poetworld.net
Wed Dec 23 16:11:05 PST 2009

I receive "make *** [install-msgs] Error 139" when compiling Tcl-8.5.7.
I read another user reporting the same error with a suggestion to run
memtest.  Memtest runs without error.

I've compiled LFS for years and am attempting to compile 6.5 using my
working 6.3 version.  I don't remember a problem with Tcl with other
versions and see no other errors.  However, I do see "ln: creating
symbolic link
'/lib/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/4.4.1/libgcc-eh.a': File
exists" at the end of Gcc Pass2 compilation.  I compiled all Chapter 5
packages as a test and received errors in only Tcl and expect.  I assume
that's predictable as expect relies on Tcl.  Thoughts?