irq timeout error

Mykal Funk mykalfunk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 08:11:56 PST 2009

William Immendorf wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 3:46 AM, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>>  I always find SMART data (specifically, the WORST and THRESHhold
>> columns) causes my head to spin.  My impression is that 'Worst'
>> counts down, and I think the RAW_VALUE column (the last one) is
>> the first place to look (zero in this case).
>>
>>  Typically, I only usually look at the temperature (#194) from day
>> to day - provided the self-test reports PASSED.
>>
>>  ISTR that the absence of an Error Log is a common feature with
>> old disks.
>>
> I'm starting to think the solution is to get a new hard disk, so that
> these errors disappear.

Now that I have smartctl to monitor the hard drives (thanks Mike) I'm
going to run it until it dies. I don't have to worry much as this isn't
a production machine. I'll be sure to make frequent backups. I've found
a few sites that give insight into the SMART data, and Ken it starting
to give me a headache now. Thanks for the insight folks.

Mykal Funk