LFS 6.3 Chapter 6.12, GCC-4.1.2 startfiles check fails --> no output

linux fan linuxscratch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:15:22 PST 2009

On 12/17/09, Pixel 73  wrote:
> But now I found out, that the startfiles show up when I am entering the
> following command:
>
> grep -o '/lib.*/crt[1in].*succeeded' dummy.log

(Can you see above how I trimmed the '>' quoted text to just the part
I want to resond to?)

Show us the output of this command which is the same grep without the -o

grep '/lib.*/crt[1in].*succeeded' dummy.log

Usually, in the sources directory, or maybe in gcc-build, there is a
file config.log and at the top, it shows the configure command that
was used. Are you sure you had the configure command exactly as in the
book ?