Clock Problems

Mykal Funk mykalfunk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 05:33:20 PST 2009

Johnneylee Rollins wrote:

>     I'm curious, what are the other computers that you used?
>
> May I take this moment to refocus this? We're supposed to be helping
> him with an issue with his clock.
> Personally I'd try to recreate the problem and create some sort of
> log. I don't know enough to point you in any understandable direction.
> I can blindly point you towards your cpu or your motherboard.
I can say it isn't the hardware. I recompiled the kernel with
CONFIG_HZ_100 option set, then rebooted with that kernel.  I started the
glibc build from 5.7.1 and 12 hours later under high load the clock is
still accurate. Problem fixed. Thanks for the ideas, folks. They helped
me to learn which is the most important thing in my book.
Mykal Funk