Clock Problems

Mykal Funk mykalfunk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 11:39:46 PST 2009

linux fan wrote:
> On 12/14/09, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>> Try the fix Ken suggested (CONFIG_HZ_100) and make sure you turn off the
>> SMP option.  That has a lot of extra code you don't need
I am currently building a new kernel for the host system. It should
finish later today. I'll then test the timekeeping system with a compile
of glibc, which is likely to take a day or so. I'll let folks know if
the CONFIG_HZ_100 option worked.
> Is there a way to 'nice' the build so that it doesn't use all 100% cpu?

I would hate to have to 'nice' the process. An SBU equals about 150
minutes. It takes long enough to compile without being 'nice'.
> Does the clock moving only a tick or two during the entire build break it?

No, it doesn't seem to break the build. It's just annoying.

Mykal Funk