LFS 6.3 Chapter 6.12, GCC-4.1.2 startfiles check fails --> no output

linux fan linuxscratch at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 10:00:01 PST 2009

On 12/15/09, Pixel 73 wrote:

> How can I analyze which of my previous steps went wrong?

Did the make command really complete without errors?

I always try to keep a log containing all the output because the
screen scrolls by, and later, I wish I could see the errors that went
by so that I can search google to get clues.
Something like this:
make 2>&1 | tee my_build_log

>Would it be a problem if I just delete all extracted and compiled
> folders of chapter 6 with rm -R and start again
> at the beginning of chapter 6?

As long as you didn't do 'make install', it is possible to remove the
directory extracted from the source tarball, then extract the source
tarball again, and do the package over with a clean sources. I think
that is the way to do it when you have reason to believe that you
could have made a mistake in typing your commands.

I think you would want to start over 6.12. GCC-4.1.2 ... not the
beginning of chapter 6.