Clock Problems

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 12 13:29:09 PST 2009

Richard Melville wrote:
> I agree with everything that's been said, but why not just *buy the
> battery*; then you'll have no time concerns whatsoever.  In the UK they cost
> from about £1 upwards, depending on the type.  I really can't see what the
> problem is.

If I understand his first post, his problem is losing system time while
it is up, not batteries. Replacing the battery will not make his
system keep better time. If he still loses time while the power supply
is turned on, even when running with the hardware clock as the main
timing device, the battery isn't going to help.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.