Clock Problems

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 11 11:39:34 PST 2009

Johnneylee Rollins wrote:

[...]

> But as long as you get the time from an ntp server and set it as your
> hardware time, you shouldn't have any problem.

Even that isn't necessary. All that's required is that time not
"go backwards". Just booting up and then manually setting the time
will work fine. You don't even have to set it accurately. You
can live in the future, or the past. Just so time never "backs
up" all the tools will work fine. If time "backs up", however,
make can get confused about what got built when, and then you
can have a mess. Trying to live in the past might require using
"touch" to change the dates of things. Living in the future
shouldn't require any work at all.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.