Whence CLI XLSX converter?

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:37:50 PST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Mike McCarty
<Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I've had very little success finding a command line version of
> a converter for an XLSX to ODF style spreadsheet converter. I've
> got one I need to convert. I've found quite a few converters which
> run on Windows, and several which attempt to "integrate" into
> Open Office, but none which quite meet my needs. I want a stand
> alone command line converter or filter. Any and all help appreciated.
The easiest way is to get OpenOffice.org 3.0 or up and open the XSLX
file and resave it as an ODF file. That's the best way, and you don't
have to bother with Mono, which is pretty much a Nono:

http://boycottnovell.com/2008/03/24/mono-danger-to-linux/

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.